Sunday, July 23, 2017

Shit Fan Boys Say


Comic and Pop Culture Conventions can be a lot of fun but unfortunately the exciting environment can give some attendees a level of disconnect with humanity. The sight of their favorite characters brought to life through Cosplay clouds their minds. Manners and respect are seemingly left at the door as they engage in bizarre conversations with Cosplayers.  Below are a  few examples of my personal interactions with "fan boys" throughout the years. All of these exchanges happened IRL. 




"That scar on your shoulder is pretty hot. I can put one on your back, if you want." ~ Male cosplayer whom I later found out was married.


"Where's MY kiss?" ~ Male comic-con attendee after seeing me kiss my boyfriend while dressed as Zatanna. 


"Can I take a selfie with you? I can tell people I'm f#&%-ing Wonder Woman." ~ Passerby at Free Comic Book Day. 


"Can I have a kiss?" ~ Numerous adult men at charity events.


After asking and taking a photo with me, the man kissed me on the forehead. He did not ask for consent. ~ San Diego Comic-Con.


"Why are you dressed as Belle??" ~Asked by a female cosplayer, who was dressed as a box of Pocky candy. 


"That Supergirl costume you made looks store bought." ~ Female cosplayer dressed as a Klingon. 


"Will you have my baby?" Male comic-con attendee. 


"Back off! I have a stick" ~ Me.


********

Contact Me

Facebook: facebook.com/VictoriaAvalor 

Twitter and Instagram: @victoria_avalor 

2 comments:

  1. I've been a fan of yours for a very long time and I'll admit, like most men there is a level of physical attraction. However, I have NEVER understood this type of behavior on several levels. First Of all it is rude. It is creepy and depending on the comment or action it can be sexual harassment. The other practical thing is, what moron would lactually think these tactics or comments would yield a positive outcome?

    I love everything you do and I know your boyfriend has your back, but as a man I apologize for those idiots.

    -Adrian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Adrian! I truly appreciate your kind words and support.

    ReplyDelete